 CAD / MLCad / 912
Re: MLCAD introductory info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 07:40:09 GMT

"Ryan Farrington" <ryanjf@ifriendly.com> wrote in message
news:000b01c0f0e1$03e1a040$414243d8@ifriendly.com...
Jake McKee wrote:
- Is there a way (or another program) to create single .dat file out of
.mpd with multiple models?
- Is there a way to create separate .dat files out each step of a single
.dat file?

The easiest way I know of is editing the text of the .dat/.mpd file in
Notepad.
-For mpd to dat, simply delete the lines starting with FILE, and those • with
the model title, Name, etc.

If you do this then you end up with referenced parts in the dat that don't
exist as they were part of the mpd format, and you get all the parts that
were in the submodels placed in relation to their position in the subpart,
not the main model, as you lose the positional matrix that is used in the
part referencing line. Make sure you have a backup of the model before you
do this as in 99% of cases you'll find parts in the wrong place. What you
really need to do is go through each part in the submodel and apply the
positional matrix of it's referencing line to the coords and then put it
back in, and remove the referencing line. I could probably through a program
together in VB to do this if anyone thinks it would be a good idea, but
it'll probably be a little slow :)

Dan