 CAD / MLCad / 902
Re: MLCAD introductory info
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 07:34:17 GMT

"Jake McKee" <sink@countersinkdg.com> wrote in message
news:GELGz1.5nL@lugnet.com...

- If I click and drag on the center point of a part, it doesn't move the
part, but rather, moves a funny little dot. What's going on?

That dot is a custom rotation point, not the centre of the part. You can
reset this from the Settings menu.

- Is there a way to edit Favorites list? If so, how?

Never used it!

- Is there a method for me to re-organize the way the parts listing is
laid out?

Sort of - you can go to Settings and choose Groups and set up groupings, eg.
I have the group Wings set up as <Wing, so all parts with Wing in them get
grouped together. I've also got Sloped Brick, Windscreen, Minifig, and a few
others.

- Is there a way (or another program) to create single .dat file out of • .mpd
with multiple models?

I think you need a DAT inliner to do this, but why do you need to create a
.dat when most of the additional LDraw utilities support .mpd too (eg. L3P
for creating POV renders).

- Is there a way to create seperate .dat files out each step of a single
.dat file?

No idea.

- What is ghosting?

Npot sure.

- What is BFC?

Back Face Culling - a render optimising technique to remove all hidden faces
from parts before drawing. Only works if the DAT files have their faces put
together in a particular way AFAIK, but I could be wrong.

- Why help is not working?

You need to move the help files - if you click on help and then right click
on the blank area and choose properties it will show you the path it's
looking for, just move the help files to this path.

- What is  line/triangle/quad commands?

For adding lines, triangles, and quads to parts - models rarely need these,
but they are essential for authoring your own parts.

- What is "clear buffer command"?

Not sire - may be to do with clearing the memory buffer holding information
about undos or parts in your model.

- What are Picture Model and Fractal Generator?

Play with them - they generate brick layouts from either a bitmap or through
fractal generation, the latter is great for landscapes.

Dan