 CAD / MLCad / 896
Re: Problem finding standard parts in MLCAD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 00:44:39 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Allen Romberg writes:
In lugnet.cad.mlcad, James Jackson writes:
<snip>
Hit "Regenerate List"? Elaborate. Although I'm sure that it's a command I
missed, but please tell me more.

First, make sure you are using MLCAD version 1.99r1.  It is far superior to
all previous versions....

Now, there are two ways to fix this problem:

1)   Run Mklist.exe (found in your LDRAW directory).  Make sure you run
"Mklist.exe" and NOT "Makelist.exe" (which is obsolete, but is kept in the
ldraw directory for some unknown reason).

2)   In MLCAD, click on "File" in the top, left-hand corner of the window.
On the resulting drop-down menu, click on "Scan Parts".  At this point, your
computer will become busy for a bit (waving the Windows flag or whatever).
When it's done scanning parts, it will deliver one of two messages:

Either "New Parts Found", in which case it will ask you if you want to
rewrite the parts list (and of course you do), or "No New Parts Found", in
which case you have a different problem.

Please Let me know if any of this helps.  If you still have problems,  post
again with an updated report and we'll try it again.

This actually helps out a lot. Now I'll have an idea as to what I'm looking
for. I'm sure this prevents a lot of "musical programs".

Thank you.
James J.

P.S.: If only they'd make a similar fusion with 3D-rendering... "LDraw-Ray"...
yeah, that's the ticket...

Good Luck!

Dirtman