 CAD / MLCad / 83 (-20)
  Installation Problems with MLCad Version 1.6 and 1.7

Dear MLCad fans! I finaly found the problem for the MLCad crashes: Since version 1.6, MLCad uses color-tables. There is a problem now when the program is started for the very first time, since it tries to activate a dialog to ask the user for the (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  *** Update for MLCAD 17 - HELP ***

Hy MLCad friends! I made some mistakes when making the package yesterday. So please download either the complete package again or just the help-files from my web-site: HELP: (2 URLs) not to forget: I wish you the all best for year 2000, hopefully (...) (25 years ago, 31-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Hey, thats a nice feature!

Hey, all! I just discovered a new thing about Leocad. You can save and load Ldraw .dat files! Very, very useful to me, as I used to use Leocad and switched to MLCad after it came out, and I didn't know I could save my Leocad models. Anyway, you all (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: **** MLCAD V1.7 IS AVAILABLE NOW ****

(...) I'll have to find something to model now to test how much I really like it :) Some little nit-picks: 1) You have to highlight the part line for the arrow and Home/End hotkeys to work, even though using the mouse or the menu buttons don't (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  **** MLCAD V1.7 IS AVAILABLE NOW ****

MLCad V1.7 is available now! New features are: - Scrollbar less zooming in viewing areas - Background images - Added part highlighting - Each model has its own color-table now - LDraw and LDLite compatible colors - More hotkeys Feel free to download (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Default offset for special parts

(...) Try using the fine grid. A good thing to remember is that you usually have to move the piece an even number (2, 4, 6, 8, etc) of times. To place axles, I move the axle so that it interects the hole as close as possible to where it should. Then (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Default offset for special parts

I'm a newbee in creating parts with MLCAD (a fantastic program), i find it very easy to use. It's easy to place bricks, plates, beams and other regular parts using the grid coarse, but when placing axles and other parts in beam holes, i had to swith (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How to break up multi-dat files?

(...) Some means of requesting a cache refresh would be very useful for those times when I use MLCad to review parts I am authoring. Most time the automatic LDLite window provided by LDAO is OK, but occasionally I need to see several views and MLCad (...) (25 years ago, 24-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How to break up multi-dat files?

I'd be happy with no refresh or a manual refresh on submodel images... it's fast enough to go out and come back in, that doing that would be good enough. Most of the time when I actually care about the images for submodels it's because I built all (...) (25 years ago, 24-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How to break up multi-dat files?

Currently MlCad scannes a .dat file on its first access and cashes its data, these data are used for the preview which is not a problem since the data of a dat file do not change (at least not for MLCad during run-time). But the sub-models you (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: converting BMP's to *.DAT help

1 pixel of your image corresponds to one stud. Michael Michael Horvath wrote in message ... (...) correlation (...) (25 years ago, 23-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: General Comments to MLCad

  converting BMP's to *.DAT help

When converting bitmaps to DAT files in MLCAD, is there a direct correlation between the pixel width and height of the image and the output file's dimensions measured in stud-widths? Or, is this relationship more or less uncontrollable? Thanks for (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How to break up multi-dat files?

I thought the previews were "canned". I wouldn't mind a similar ability to can sub-model images. In other words, put the burden of updating on the user. Not having any way to get a preview image is pretty frustrating, especially if you do a lot of (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: General Comments to MLCad

(...) You might want to check into a proposal Jeremy Sproat made in July, for a 0 CMDLINE meta-command, which would specify (default) viewing parameters for a file, in the same format as the LDraw command-line. Tore Eriksson used 0 CMDLINE in some (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: General Comments to MLCad

(...) Ahh, "tagged" information then, in other words? :) Cool....... --Todd (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: General Comments to MLCad

(...) It would be better (IMO) to format non-LDraw information as LDraw-style meta-commands, and keep everything in the DAT format. That gives the file the widest transportability between programs. Steve (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: General Comments to MLCad

Michael Lachmann <m.lachmann@xpoint.at> wrote in message news:FMzp8A.HGF@lugnet.com... (...) that (...) rendering (...) LDLite already does this to a degree with its color, rotate, translate, etc. commands. If you allow the user to save as a (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: hex values (was: Re: Loader)

This seems to be a bug, I will look at it, beside this I will take over the strategy suggested by Bram with using COLOR meta commands ... Michael Will Hess wrote in message ... (...) in (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: hex values (was: Re: Loader)

Michael, I can understand the need to use hex to define custom (non-TLC produced) colors, and I'm sure that you'll find a way to fix this. What I'd like to know is why the transparent versions of the standard colors are now saved in this manner. Now (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact