 CAD / MLCad / 821
  Automatic part selection query

I got several requests on implementing automatic part selection based on colors and/or parts. If I implement one for selecting all equal parts ignoring the color, and a second which does the same, but takes care on the color would that be (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Automatic part selection query

"Michael Lachmann" <michael.lachmann@maxmobil.at> wrote in message news:G9tpvF.Ir5@lugnet.com... (...) On the subject of part selection, how about an option to capture all parts in a selection box rather than just the first ones found in the (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Automatic part selection query

(...) That would need a lot of time, since MLCad does not have any information about parts behind other parts in z order - which means it would have to go through the list of all parts and see if it's within the selection rectangle. Also I imagine (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

"Michael Lachmann" <michael.lachmann@maxmobil.at> wrote in message news:G9tt3D.1Mx@lugnet.com... (...) parts (...) z-ordering. (...) go (...) rectangle. (...) I'm not sure I understand why this is complicated, surely you just need to check each part (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Automatic part selection query

(...) Regarding the selection, MLCad uses a special buffer which keeps track of the parts visible on the screen. For all other parts I would have to go through the list of triangles, lines and quads until I find something in the rectangle. This can (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

"Michael Lachmann" <michael.lachmann@maxmobil.at> wrote in message news:G9ty1F.CpH@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) point (...) have (...) OK, I guess it could be more complicated than I thought - on my Mechanical Engineering degree course I took CAD (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Automatic part selection query

(...) Selection based on part number as alternatives for the name can be usefull in some case (when you now the part number) The selection base on the name should accept regular expression. The same kind of regular expression you used for part list (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Automatic part selection query

-- And they said 'Computers will never be in general use' <snap> (...) HMM that could be useful too. maybe use the color toolbar to select the color, then drag to pick all parts that has that color? also add "select all of that color" too. i got (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Automatic part selection query

(...) So you are determining what to select based on something on the screen? I had expected you were doing it by coordinate filtering (but that may explain why you don't support selection in 3D) Personally I find it much more confusing not to (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

"Michael Lachmann" <michael.lachmann@maxmobil.at> skrev i meddelandet news:G9ty1F.CpH@lugnet.com... (...) No need to test every line etc. - compute a bounding box (once) for each part, and the testing boils down to a few transformations and a region (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G9uIE6.qq@lugnet.com... (...) explain (...) If it wasn't too much work to add a routine to do it I'd be happy to wait a bit longer for parts to be selected if I knew that everything (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)