 CAD / MLCad / 822
Re: Automatic part selection query
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 11:20:47 GMT

"Michael Lachmann" <michael.lachmann@maxmobil.at> wrote in message
news:G9tpvF.Ir5@lugnet.com...
I got several requests on implementing automatic part selection based on
colors and/or parts.

If I implement one for selecting all equal parts ignoring the color, and a
second which does the same, but takes care on the color would that be
sufficient? Or do you require additional functionallity?

On the subject of part selection, how about an option to capture all parts
in a selection box rather than just the first ones found in the z-ordering.
I spent a while last night just trying to select all the parts in 1 wing
plane of my TIE Interceptor MOC because of this, and also had a couple of
GPFs on Win98 while using the selection box around the parts. In the end I
had to make numerous groups, some made up of other groups and parts, just so
I could rotate 1 wing, if I'd put the parts in the model in order then it
would have been quicker as I could have just selected a linear range in the
parts lists window but I'd been using Ctrl-D to duplicate parts where they
were the same which puts the parts at the next line in the parts list window
rather than at the end.

BTW: how's the baby?

Dan