 CAD / MLCad / 823
Re: Automatic part selection query
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 11:54:49 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Daniel Crichton writes:
On the subject of part selection, how about an option to capture all parts
in a selection box rather than just the first ones found in the z-ordering.
That would need a lot of time, since MLCad does not have any information
about parts behind other parts in z order - which means it would have to go
through the list of all parts and see if it's within the selection rectangle.
Also I imagine that most people would be confused when suddenly parts not
visible on the screen would be selected by the bounding box selection.

I spent a while last night just trying to select all the parts in 1 wing
plane of my TIE Interceptor MOC because of this, and also had a couple of
GPFs on Win98 while using the selection box around the parts.
Sounds like you are using the buggy version of MLCad. Make sure you have the
latest from my server (http://www.lm-software.com/mlcad/).

In the end I
had to make numerous groups, some made up of other groups and parts, just so
I could rotate 1 wing, if I'd put the parts in the model in order then it
would have been quicker as I could have just selected a linear range in the
parts lists window but I'd been using Ctrl-D to duplicate parts where they
were the same which puts the parts at the next line in the parts list window
rather than at the end.
You can use CTRL+C and CTRL+V, by selecting the parts, use CTRL+C to copy
them, select the last part in the list, and press CTRL+V to insert them end
the end of the file.

BTW: how's the baby?
Fine thanks, Florian is fastly growing up and happily and moreless quiet
baby, so the night's are still refreshing with enough sleep. During the day
he needs much attention. It's funny to see how quick babies learn new things
- even in the first few months.

Dan

Regards,
  Michael