 CAD / MLCad / 343 (-20)
  Re: Help! Need advice please!

Hi Michael, I found this would be very usefull at least for the beginning. Do you intend to save the user defined rotation point in the model ? (...) Marc Klein A Mindstorms fan. (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Help! Need advice please!

Hy, As some of you might know, I'm currently implementing the possibility for a user defined rotation point in MLCad. This is the actual situation for the new version: From a menu/toolbar/shortcut the user can open a dialog where the type of (...) (24 years ago, 24-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Sub-models

(...) Create another sub-model 'Multipart/New Model' and drag the remaining models from the tree-section Document into the drawing area - that is the new sub- model. Michael (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Sub-models

I have some models to which I want to add minifigs as sub-models, but I can't figure out how to insert them as MPD files. When I select Multipart>New Model, I can build a minifig, but can only view one model at a time from the Active Model bar. How (...) (24 years ago, 23-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: A bug?

(...) It's probably easier to provide a "flush cache" option in the editors. By "Easier", I mean easier for both developers and users. Steve (24 years ago, 22-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: A bug?

(...) <SNIP> The problem is, that MLCad does never access a file during drawing ... First MLCad loads all the parts into memory and starts drawing directly from the memory. This means you never will be able to change a part without refreshing the (...) (24 years ago, 22-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: A bug?

Should we propose a "0 NOCACHE" metacommand that would prevent a file from being cached? You could add it while working on a new piece, without having to disable caching for all parts. -gyug (...) (24 years ago, 21-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: A bug?

(...) MLCad is using a internal cache to increase loading speed. Once a part or sub- part has been loaded it's cached and will not be reloaded. Currently you will have to restart MLCad in order to clear the cache. The next release of MLCad will have (...) (24 years ago, 21-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  A bug?

When I updated a sub-part file, even I reopen the .dat file that includes that sub-part file, MLCAD doesn't update the part of sub-part, is it a bug? Zhengrong (24 years ago, 20-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Suggestion

The next version log's this information in the 'MLCAD.log' file, I will check the option again to make sure that it doesn't print the messages. Michael Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: FzH8yE.GLL@lugnet.com... (...) when (...) (24 years ago, 19-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Questions

(...) FzEzE2.4FF@lugnet.com... (...) Have a look at www.ldraw.org there is an faq for ldraw and it's dat file format (...) should (...) If you find a statement like '0 FILE something' in the .xxx file it's an mpd otherwise not. (...) There was some (...) (24 years ago, 19-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Suggestion?

I wouldn't think it's a good idea since this would confuse people. If you drag then drop it at a certain place then goes to a different location?! Michael Adam Howard <abhoward10@hotmail.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: FzEGrn.A95@lugnet.com... (...) (...) (24 years ago, 19-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: My Computer Desk and Monitor MOC

(...) Bravo!!! LOVE the little computer 'neath the desk!!! :) --Todd (24 years ago, 19-Aug-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Suggestion

Hey... Pardon me if this has been mentioned before, but I'd like to see MLCad when it starts up not display the warning messages 'file not found, continue loading?' - instead, why not generate an error log at the bottom of the screen in another (...) (24 years ago, 18-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Snapshots in MLCad

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:FzG04H.DFn@lugnet.com... (...) not (...) move (...) but (...) whatever (...) and (...) is (...) P(rotated) (...) almost (...) That would be very cool, and combined with Adam's (...) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Snapshots in MLCad

Just press the "Print Scrn" key on your keyboard. That will copy the desktop to the clipboard. Pressing "Alt + Print Scrn" Will copy the current window to the clip board. After copying the screen or window to the clip board, Launch some art tool (...) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Snapshots in MLCad

(...) Isn't there a way to copy what you see on the screen into the clipboard, and paste it into a paint program? I think it's like: Alt+PrintScreen or Shift+PrintScreen or something, then open your paint program and hit Paste. Right? Am I wrong (...) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Snapshots in MLCad

(...) Since MLCad now implements the ability to rotate the oblique view to whatever viewing angle you want, how about a command that just takes the current oblique view and gives you an absolute rotation step to that rotation and origin value, (...) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MLCAD rotation (future request)

Steve Bliss wrote... (...) If you by "subfile" mean an MPD subfile, I think the scope is public, see the thread (URL) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Snapshots in MLCad

This is either a request for info on MLCad, or a feature request, I'm not sure. I would like to be able to load a model, go into edit view and move down a bunch of parts, orient the oblique view so the parts are all visible, then print a picture of (...) (24 years ago, 17-Aug-00, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact