 CAD / MLCad / 338
Re: A bug?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 06:20:41 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Paul Gyugyi writes:
Should we propose a "0 NOCACHE" metacommand that would
prevent a file from being cached?  You could add it while
working on a new piece, without having to disable caching
for all parts.
-gyug

<SNIP>

The problem is, that MLCad does never access a file during drawing ...
First MLCad loads all the parts into memory and starts drawing directly from
the memory.
This means you never will be able to change a part without refreshing the
memory - that is the cache - caching is done by not freeing memory of parts
loaded.

The metacommand sounds good but would be to much effort to be implemented in
MLCad.

Michael