 CAD / MLCad / 1729
Re: Some secrets of MLCad revealed ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 23:27:25 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Michael Lachmann wrote:
"Damien Guichard" <damien.guichard@wanadoo.fr> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
<SNIP>
Thanks Michael.
So, at loading time, each added point has to be compared to all points in the
point list. Does this impact the loading time of big parts or big models in a
significant manner? Or is it only minor slowdown?

Regards,

Damien

So far I could find out, it doesn't effect loading much, I think it was
something about 10% less then without this feature. I must say, I haven't
tried using hash algorythms to find the point more quickly, but so far I
remember there is an average of arround 400 points in a file, and search for
an 12 byte value is not so hard ...

Unfortunatly this is not true with files that have synthesized hoses and cables.

They are quite large and take a *very long* time to load.

Michael

Kevin