 CAD / MLCad / 1723
Re: Some secrets of MLCad revealed ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Sat, 5 Jul 2003 20:22:01 GMT

"Damien Guichard" <damien.guichard@wanadoo.fr> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:HHIuq2.BMG@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Michael Lachmann wrote:
Ok since a lot of you are asking me to provide more details about • MLCad's
rendering technic I'll go and tell you some details about it:

2) Point reduction and Compression
Inside the cached file MLCad maintaines a list of objects representing
lines, triangles ... where each object stores all its points and • parameters.
After a while I found it much more practicable to compress this drawing
information. Therefor MLCad can check the primitives after loading the • file
for its points and creates a list of points used in this file.
If you check a file you will find a lot of equal points in there. Now • each
point is stored only once, and therefor now calculated only once during
rendering. The primitive objects now refere to a point instead of • carrying
it.

Regards,
  Michael

Thanks Michael.
Is the list of points sorted? How do you sort it? Hashcode? Octree?

Regards,

Damien

No this list is not sorted at all, its just an array of points, directly
referenced by index from within the primitives.

Michael