 CAD / LDD / 40
Re: Comments about James Mathis' Factory Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2006 23:15:15 GMT

Hello, Ville,

Thank you very much for buying these three train models.

In lugnet.trains, Ville Tuominen wrote:

Set 1: Pullman Car, Lego Factory Set by James Mathis
Set 2: DB103, Lego Factory Set by James Mathis
Set 3: Pre-War Euro Diesel, Lego Factory Set by James Mathis

You have examined them more closely than I did to find faults with the design.

To the Pullman Car, I made no changes.

To the DB103 I made the suggested changes:
- floor strengthening 2x4 plates at each end
- lowered side door airplane windows by 1 plate and added 1x2 "jumper" plate
with one 1/2 stud offset on top of airplane window
- duplicated the non-motorized wheel set for completeness

To the Pre-War Euro Diesel, I made the suggest changes:
- 1x1 Technic brick to strength front SNOT window attachment
- replaced offending collision 1x6 red plates with 1x4 red plates
- added row of 1xN plates on underside of roof for added strength (1x10 plates
not available in LEGO Factory)

I have uploaded the two revised models as "v2" (version 2), and I have deleted
those to be replaced.  I do not know how long the moderation process will take.
I hope the revised result will be satisfying.

Thanks for helping me improve these models!  I appreciate your review!!

sincerely,

James Mathis