 CAD / LDD / 41
40  |  42
Subject:
Creating Models and Optimizing instructions using LDD and LDraw
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ldd, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 2006 03:14:08 GMT

I have added an article over in the LDD Database area of Save 9v Trains of my thoughts about using LDraw (MLCad) to optimize instructions for LDD.

http://save.9vtrains.com/article.php?story=20061223020839815

I used this caboose as my test subject.

This is a model that I designed and ordered via LEGO Factory.

I hope to add more about how to use LDD efficiently in the future. I would like to invite anyone else that has thoughts to share to please do so. LEGO Factory is a great idea and while LDD needs much in the way of improvements I think we can all help overcome its shortcommings by sharing our findings and what we have done to overcome LDD’s limitations.

-Eric