 Trains / 28166
Re: Lego factory sets / building instructions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2006 02:37:53 GMT

Paul S. D'Urbano wrote:
[...]
It would also be great for a model author who has had the time/money/etc. to
build and test their model to post and point all that out -- "Yes I built it,
yes it's stable, yes it takes turns and couples, etc." -- "Yes I did the
building instructions with LDD viewing in mind." -- or what have you.

I think Factory is a great concept and want it to succeed.  I think having our
community take part in evaluating the models and pointing out the ones that are
"production grade" will go a long way to helping it thrive. • [...]

Enjoy your models!
-Paul D'Urbano

Paul,

   It would be great if the models were built and commented on. I know
the few models that I submitted are buildable, but that kid of defeats
the real purpose of Factory... I mean really, if I already built it,
then there is one less reason to buy it. Anyway I digress...
   I would LOVE to see LEGO fish out some of the best designs, and test
build them. Once LEGO test builds them, they could then label the model
as "buildable" (of course there would probably have to be some
disclaimer about how the model wasn't tested for safety or durability,
etc.)  and create a real store where you could really find the "good
stuff" easily. However, I don't think that this is a particularly like
scenario.
   Maybe we could use save.9vtrains.com could be used to do this.
Comments can be added to the pictures. I must admit, however, that the
comments are buried under a few levels of clicking.

Chris
--
http://mysite.verizon.net/cjmasi/lego/

Learn about brittle bone disease