 CAD / LDD / 39
Re: Comments about James Mathis' Factory Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ldd
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2006 14:17:18 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ville Tuominen wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi wrote:

   It would be great if the models were built and commented on. [...]

Chris

Hey,

Sorry that it took this long to answer. Here is my personal opinion about
Factory concept and three James Mathis’ sets I bought from Lego Factory. These
comments are free to use and fill.

-VILLE

Hi Ville,

Wow, thanks for sharing all of that great feedback on these Factory sets.
That's a lot of useful information for anyone considering these sets.  You even
provided pictures of the mods you made!  When I suggested you provide some
feedback I was just hoping for a few lines on each model.  What you provided was
much, much, better than I had hoped.

Now someone interested in buying James' models can download the LDD file and
modify them with your fixes and improvements before ordering.  They can look at
your brick-built pictures to know they stand up well as real models.  This is
really useful.  Now if only we can get LEGO to fix the problem with seeming to
often leave out a few pieces when they fulfill Factory orders...

It would be cool one day if we could have a repository for posts like yours so
that people browsing for Factory sets can easily get to this kind of useful
information.

Thanks again!
Paul D'Urbano

PS: Kudos to James of course for, once again, a great set of models.