  Re: Parts Library Posted to ldraw.org

(...) How do you know that? I've never seen any formal terms of use statement for the community created part files. With this lacking, wouldn't it be natural for parts authors to assume that submitted parts follow the same terms of use as the (...) (24 years ago, 12-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Parts Library Posted to ldraw.org

(...) Good catch--I was making assumptions. I really wish the discussion you fired off a few months ago had gone through to completion. BUT, take a look at (URL). It plainly states that the terms around the original LDraw package: (...) The original (...) (24 years ago, 12-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Parts Library Posted to ldraw.org

(...) I still think this is far fetched. The fact that the LDraw library and updates can be downloaded from ldraw.org is merely "coincidental" in my opinion. They used to be downloadable from Terry Keller's geocities homepage, and some time in the (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Parts Library Posted to ldraw.org

(...) I agree completely. It is farfetched. I was trying to use the statements already available, as opposed to operating in a total void. Unfortunately, there is no LCAD organization to oversee the handling of the submitted parts. The terms stated (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Parts Library Posted to ldraw.org

(...) Should we work towards developing a license for the parts as content separate from the ldraw.org site? Once we have this the submitting authors can read a copy and approve before they submit in the future, and we can make provisions to adopt (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Parts Library Posted to ldraw.org

(...) I see. Sorry that I misunderstood you. What I meant to say, initially, was that with the lack of terms of use statements for community submitted parts, it would be natural to assume that the terms of use for James Jessiman's original parts (...) (24 years ago, 12-Jun-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)