Re: Storage and Display of OMR Files
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 1999 16:47:55 GMT

At 09:03 AM 7/16/99 , John VanZwieten wrote:
Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote in message
But on the other hand, someone may come to the OMR looking for a set by
name, or might want all of a theme or subtheme.  Since the OMR will not be
run off a database that serves up live content, it won't be easy to offer
both.  So would it be better to allow the search to give results for
subthemes say if 'mtron' was searched for?  Could that lead to urls that go
through the search but provide categories?

How about just a link to the Pause reference.  They could find out the set
numbers of all the M:TRON sets, and then return to snag the .dats by number.
That's how I would do it, anyway.

Though it makes sense to do it that way, not everyone is going to.  It
would be easier if we were able to have a database generate pages for the
OMR, then we could easily do both.  But when you know a set is an M:Tron
set, why not go to the M:Tron section on the OMR?

Still, you make a valid point and I'm sure quite a few others will do it
that way.  But we can't make it a blanket decision for everyone.

Todd: Could you possibly do a survey on this?

-Tim <><

http://www.zacktron.com
AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114