Re: Storage and Display of OMR Files
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 05:43:20 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tim Courtney writes:
At 12:05 AM 7/15/99 , Todd Lehman wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tim Courtney writes:
I'll work on getting images ready for that once I get some other pages
buttoned down.

(Images?)

Sorry, not yet.  I'm working on ldraw webring images at this moment,
and I gotta do some ldraw.org banners and little linking images.  When
the OMR is up I should be able to do those right quick.

Erm, I meant what did you mean about "getting images ready for that"?
(Just a bit confused)

When the OMR refers someone to a pause page, you said you'd have something
run to insert image links back to the OMR on those pages.  Those are the
images...

Did I?  My perception must be going in my old age.  I remember you asking
about whether the server could sense that a request came from ldraw.org,
and if it would be possible to link back to the OMR in those cases.  I
remember agreeing that links back would be very helpful to people and we
could/should do that, but I missed how that turned into inserting image
links?  Why is an image better than text?

--Todd