Re: LDraw.org Standards Committee election now open
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 10:50:47 GMT

(This post is resent, as I had a future date (2007!) on my computer the last
time, and it seems that lugnet waits until that date to publish...)

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
The election is now underway. For more details please see this
article: http://www.ldraw.org/article/311

I'm not really complaining (I should have done that earlier had I had a
chance), but a one week long voting period during summer vacations is rather
short, especially counting the time difference throughout the world. I was
finally at home the 22:nd (at around 17:00 GMT), but voting was already
closed.

And I really don't understand the fact that the results were published as
"Published Jul 22, 2004 - 07:24 AM" while the voting was announced as "ends
0800, 22 July 2004"  (AM? PM?). Probably different time zones, but you
should always
publish the time zone you are referring to in a globally understandable way,
ie. GMT+-xx hours. It shouldn't be my problem to know the names of
American time zones.

In fact I think I am complaining ...

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden