Re: LDraw.org Standards Committee election now open
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 2004 17:27:13 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Anders Isaksson wrote:
And I really don't understand the fact that the results were published as
"Published Jul 22, 2004 - 07:24 AM" while the voting was announced as "ends
0800, 22 July 2004"  (AM? PM?). Probably different time zones, but you
should always
publish the time zone you are referring to in a globally understandable way,
ie. GMT+-xx hours. It shouldn't be my problem to know the names of
American time zones.

I had nothing to do with the election (other than being a candidate), but I'd
like to point out that when I see time given as a four-digit number without a
colon, I know it is military time.  Consequently 0800 is 8:00AM.  Is this a
US-only convention?  Or perhaps just not widely know?  Having said that, I agree
with you about the time zone.

--Travis