Re: LDraw.org Standards Committee election now open
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 14:10:27 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
The election is now underway. For more details please see this article:
http://www.ldraw.org/article/311 If you have any questions or concerns please
contact a Steering Committee member.

Why does it say this at the top of the ballot?

"You are not authorized. Please contact the webmaster if you have doubt."

Were you logged in at the time? Try it if you're logged in. I am assuming you're
an org member already so the delay part shouldn't apply... If you still get the
error, please send a mail to one of us with full details of each URL you
clicked, in the order you visited them, and what you said on each screen.
Screenshots may be overkill but certainly help.

That's somewhat confusing.  Does it mean my votes don't count?

Possibly. This is the same voting technology as used for the Steering Committee
election and in the MOTM/SOTM polls (best php based postNuke compatible voting
module we could find that was free) You know your vote counted if you get the
page that says "don't go back from here"

If the system knows you've already voted it will not let you back in to the
ballot ( you get "[ Your account has been disabled or you have already completed
this survey. ] "... that's what I get now since I already voted) so try going
back in.

Hope that helps, sorry for any confusion. Orion does the real work (but may be
away from keyboard right now) so he will correct any miscommunications I made.