Re: Numbers Report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 14:02:15 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Franklin W. Cain wrote:

Actually, I'm thinking of the reverse situation - the subfile
is certified, but the parent file is not certified.  In this case,
it would be sloppy to release the subfile before the part file
is released.

Actually, I'd *much* prefer this response to the alternate (i.e., better this
than releasing the "main" file before its subfiles).

Well, yes.  No argument there.

To be honest, I see no
problem with pre-emptively releasing a "not yet used" subfile before its "main"
file.  Think of it as being *very* prepared for the "main" file...  ;-)

And what if, after the subfile is pre-emptively released, we realize
that the file is totally wrong, and must be scrapped?  Or some other
thing comes up?  It's just sloppy to put out unused files, and I don't
like doing it.  It's not the end of the world if it happens, but I'll
prevent it if I can.

Steve