Re: Numbers Report
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 22:26:53 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Franklin W. Cain writes:
"http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptscan.cgi?q=Cain"
Matched 117 file(s)

I don't feel so bad that so many of your parts are waiting
for admin review.  ;)

[*SPLUTTER*!]
[*COUGH*!]
[*CHOKE*!]
[*GASP*!]

My....  *heart*!....

[**THUD**!!!]

Although this guy's giving me a run for the money.  ;-)
(And doing some *incredible* work, to boot!!)

"http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptscan.cgi?q=Broich"
Matched 72 file(s)

Yeah, but those files are split between Bernd and Sascha.
Who I'm *assuming* are different people.

Ummmm....
("http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=7344")
I think they're the same person.

Franklin

I think Bernd and Sascha are brothers.

Part authors keep LDraw alive.
Steve B. has a quite expeditive (if not bureaucratic) response to your
legitimate expectings. My advise is: visit the "activity" PT page rather
than the "certication" or "part list" pages.

The "activity" page is less frustating.
The "activity" page is more informative.

This filter
"http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptscan.cgi?q=Cain"
can be very frustating to you because you have to face no, slow or negative
advancement of your parts. Unfortunately you can not be given the attention
you deserve, because reviewing ressources are too limited. Tracking what is
done seems a more positive approach. With the "activity" page you keep in
touch with what is beeing done. You get the lastest news. You see Steve B.
dealing with part removes, part renumbers, grooving tiles, BFC
certifications, BFC-ed primitives, correcting parts, preparing part release,
which may explain slow advancement of your parts. Also "comments" on your
parts are visible only on the "activity" page. Not on other pages. More
visits of the "activity" page would help reviewers to post "comments"
instead of "hold" votes which would be better for both parties. Last but not
least the "activity" page is the only that is time-sorted, which is better
than author or part-sorted for regular visits.

Regards,

Damien