 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 884
Re: Copy of MacMegaPov 0.7
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Sat, 28 Jul 2007 00:00:17 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Travis Cobbs wrote:

   You’re welcome. I think we need to get both my Intel-only version and your PPC-only version put together somewhere. It also might be good to do a Mac OSX PPC build, since I believe that yours requires Classic, which isn’t exactly optimal. Mine might be more confusing to users though, since it’s done as a Unix command. (I have no idea how yours work, since it won’t run on my machine; I don’t have Classic.)

The version I posted does not require Classic. It’s an old CFM Carbon program (not Mach-O) that can run natively under both OS 8/9 and OS X. It is PowerPC though, so on an Intel Mac, it gets emulated via Rosetta. (But I suspect it runs faster there than it does on my Powerbook G4!)

The only caveat for those who try it: make sure you choose an output image type on the Image & Quality tab; otherwise the edge-tracing post-process will cryptically fail.

It would be good to get these programs hosted together too, given their rarity. They’re both quite useful. I tend to be one of those people who reflexively use GUIs. However, a command-line tool will be best for automated instruction-generation.

Allen