 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 880
Re: Copy of MacMegaPov 0.7
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Fri, 27 Jul 2007 19:00:54 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Travis Cobbs wrote:

   Note that I tried a Universal build, but it failed due to my lack of a Universal build of libpng. If someone can send me instructions on getting libpng to build as a Univeral binary, I’d really appreciate it. It’s actually holding up another project of mine. I spent a little time trying to get it to build, but stopped before investing all that much time. Alternatively, if someone can send me a PPC build of libpng, I think it can be merged with my Intel build into a Universal binary.

I see there is universal build of libpng 1.2.17 here, but I have not tested it. From the installer notes:

“Installs static (.a) and dynamic (.dylib) universal binaries of libpng, as provided by the official libpng reference release: http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/libpng.html

The libraries will be installed into /usr/local/lib, and the header files into /usr/local/include.”

I’m not sure if it’s much help in the long run without notes on how it was actually built, but maybe it’ll provide a few leads.

Jim