 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 871
Re: Copy of MacMegaPov 0.7
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2007 16:51:47 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Allen Smith wrote:

   MacMegaPOV 0.7 is very difficult-to-find software. I’ve quietly hosted it for quite a while, pointing people toward it when they ask the scary question of how to make good instructions on the Mac. It all screams out for a detailed tutorial, but I’ve never gotten around to it, partly because I’m embarrased by how complex a process it is.

Establishing a consistent way to create quality instructions from LDraw models on the Mac is of great interest to me, personally and on behalf of the general Mac LDraw community. If a detailed tutorial is not practical, I would still be interested in a summary of your process. I am interested in developing or collaborating on any tools that would be useful to streamline the procedure: well-formed MPD in, good instruction material out.

What are the key advantages of MacMegaPOV 0.7 compared with, say, the command line version of POV-Ray 3.6?

Jim