 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 48
    Re: OS 8.6 —Don Heyse
   (...) Yes, you guys need a plan of action. You're making progress, but you're flying off in all directions. I think your first step should be to write a document for ldraw.org that details how to set up the parts library from the linux parts (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

        Re: OS 8.6 —Erik Olson
     Hi Don, OS X is great for Unix-style development. I use it at work for that. However there isn't a decent debugger (gdb doesn't count.) Nor are there memory-bounds checker tools or any of the other niceties we take for granted elsewhere. CodeWarrior (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

         More on BrickDraw3D OO design —Erik Olson
     I had to close that post before I could mention where all that discussion was going. Briefly, I have been trying from the start to design BrickDraw3D's C++ classes to separate geometry and graphics from the application framework (in this case (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

        Re: OS 8.6 —Ray Sanders
     In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Don Heyse writes: <snip> (...) As a long time owner, user and developer of mac software, it is my opinion that OS X should not be an exclusive goal. In my mind the goals should be 8.6, 9.x and X. Becuase of some of the (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

         Re: OS 8.6 —Barney Hilken
     My classification into 5 possibilities was only meant to be an overview of what had been suggested so far, so that people could say what they were interested in. Personally I think there should be several programs, with separate code bases, and this (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

        Re: OS 8.6 —James Reynolds
   (...) I have been suggesting some directions hoping others would pick one up that they liked. Most of the directions were suggested to me by developers who I haven't heard from since they suggested the idea, so I am just assuming they have lost (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)