 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 452
451  |  453
Subject:
MBC 0.4.1d (Cocoa) observations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:50:34 GMT

Issue command+n
MBC 0.4b1 (Cocoa) crashes
(I could have sworn it worked correctly a couple of times, but it
crashes all every time now)

LDRAW directory
I have two LDRAW directories. One I donwloaded from the BrickDraw 3D
site, and the other is the Linux LDRAW library from LDRAW.org. MBC
v0.6.1 Carbon and Classic work fine with the BrickDraw 3D library, but
some models cause MBC v0.4.1d (Cocoa) to crash if the BrickDraw 3D
library is used.
mini.dat, fine http://users.rcn.com/cjmasi/mini.tar
pivoting_truck.dat, crash http://users.rcn.com/cjmasi/pivoting_truck.tar
GP-tank.dat, fine
GP30.dat, crash http://users.rcn.com/cjmasi/gp30.tar
caboose.dat, crash http://users.rcn.com/cjmasi/caboose.tar
black_tank_car.dat, crash http://users.rcn.com/cjmasi/black_tank_car.tar
black tank car appears
count to 10, fine
click on window title bar, and move window, crash

OK, the problem appears to be train part related, and the obvious
solution is to use the Linux parts :)

I just also noticed that all of the MBC's render the train motor
incorrectly. The motor is missing its ends. On the other hand, it makes
for a cool cutaway view :) I should note that it renders correctly in
Don's Heyse's LDGLite (using Linux LDRAW library) and BrickDraw3D (using
Brickdraw 3D LDRAW library)
http://users.rcn.com/cjmasi/gp30_powertruck.jpg

Rendering
POV Ray 3.1gr2 says...
Parsing...Saga:Users:cjmasi:Desktop:test2cameranormal.pov:48: warning:
Camera vectors are not perpendicular. Making look_at the last statement
may help.

Creating bounding slabs.
Scene contains 24 frame level objects; 0 infinite.
Creating vista buffer.
Slab building error.
Cannot use non-perpendicular camera vectors with vista buffer.

Turning Vista buffers off in POV-Rays setting dialog gives a black box
when the file is rendered.

Using POV 3.51
renders without a problem

Thanks for creating MBC for us!