 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 506
Re: MBC 0.4b2 (Cocoa) bug fix release
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 2003 02:03:06 GMT

In article <HJ7MpI.11ur@lugnet.com>,
"Andrew Allan" <aallan@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

Following Chris finding some crash bugs in MBC 0.4b1, I have quashed these an
placed an interim update 0.4d2 on my .Mac site for downloading.

http://homepage.mac.com/aallan/LdGLite.html

This fixes the model rotation issues, crash on new command, crash with some of
the early parts primitive files plus a few other minor things.

That said, I'm sure Chris will be able to wheedle out any other bugs that I've
inadvertantly left in the code.

A more major update will follow in a month or so. If you want any specific
features, let me know before then.

Andrew...

Oh... rotation is like buttah. Well, as buttery as a PB G3/400 gets :)
Thanks.

One note so far, the new and open commands leave the previous window as
the acitve window. Not a show stopper by any means, but it is unexpected
behavior.

Hm, features...
For MBCa, c, and n
I think being able to zoom in smaller step would be nice. Either and
"alt" zoom, or just a smaller zoom step.

For MBCa
Manipulating a selection of bricks.

For MBCa, c, and n
A way to insert steps.

Export steps as direction :)

Back to MBCn 0.6.2
Option rotation for a selection of bricks (I just used two) has a little
problem. Select two bricks, option rotate. Both bricks rotate as one
object. Select a second axis and option rotate. The bricks turn as two
separate bricks.

When the orientation of two bricks is not the same, the bricks rotate in
different direction. Stack three bricks. Rotate the second brick by 180°
in the Y axis. Select the second and third bricks. Option rotate. The
bricks go in opposite directions.

I did mention that command+r rotation of a selection of bricks only
rotates one brick, right?

Thanks for all the hard work.
Chris