 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 507
506  |  508
Subject:
LDGLite 1.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 2003 02:29:18 GMT

Don,

  Congratulations on the 1.0 release.

  At 800,600 (32bit colors) resolution the ATi driver loads, and then
LDGLite switches to the Apple driver (the window behavior and the
printout from the terminal is included below) after the window is
manipulated. Anyway to get it to switch right away would be very cool.

  No more trail lines in when moving a piece in -LE mode. I did manage
to get trail lines during rotation---they went away at the end of the
rotation---but I haven't been able to reproduce it. However, the model's
appearance changes---the transparent pieces look different---when the
model is manipulated. See the pictures below
Model before brick movement
http://users.rcn.com/cjmasi/-LE,-v3,32bit,before-edit.png

model after brick movent and rotation (I hit 9 key again to get the same
view)
http://users.rcn.com/cjmasi/-LE,-v3,32bit,after_edit,after_view_change.pn

  I also noticed at 16bit colors the rotation problem appears to be that
the original view, the view of the model before begining rotation,
fickers as the model rotates beneath it. (I know, stop using 16bit
mode.. I just couldn't help it:)

./ldglite100 -LE -v800,600 mini.dat
GL_VERSION = 1.1 ATI-1.2.22
[...]
GL_VENDOR ='ATI Technologies Inc.'
GL_RENDERER ='ATi Rage 128 Pro OpenGL Engine'
GL_RGBA_BITS: (8, 8, 8, 8)
GL_DEPTH_BITS = 24
GL_STENCIL_BITS = 8
Buffer Swap Mode = 0
Editing mode =  1{1}

LDGLite starts up with a jumbled window.
Grab window bar and move window. Window turns white, and nothing appears.
Press a view button (like 2) and terminal says

GL_VERSION = 1.1 APPLE-1.1
[...]
GL_VENDOR ='Apple'
GL_RENDERER ='Generic'
GL_RGBA_BITS: (8, 8, 8, 8)
GL_DEPTH_BITS = 32
GL_STENCIL_BITS = 8
Stencil buffer disabled for XOR with Apple driver.
Buffer Swap Mode = 0

and the model appears.

Thanks for all the hard work.
Chris