 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 466
Re: MBC 0.4.1d (Cocoa) observations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Wed, 23 Jul 2003 16:37:26 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Christopher Masi wrote:
Issue command+n
MBC 0.4b1 (Cocoa) crashes
(I could have sworn it worked correctly a couple of times, but it
crashes all every time now)

I'll check it out - sounds strange...before there was no problem

LDRAW directory
I have two LDRAW directories. One I donwloaded from the BrickDraw 3D
site, and the other is the Linux LDRAW library from LDRAW.org. MBC
v0.6.1 Carbon and Classic work fine with the BrickDraw 3D library, but
some models cause MBC v0.4.1d (Cocoa) to crash if the BrickDraw 3D
library is used.

The Cocoa version still has very weak fault tolerence for corrupt Ldraw data
(which is noted in the ReadMe file), todate I've been dealing with these types
of crashes on a case by case basis. I have a copy of the BrickDraw 3D library,
so I'll look into the problem to see where to place the fix in my code.

I just also noticed that all of the MBC's render the train motor
incorrectly. The motor is missing its ends.

Earlier I noticed a corrupt line in the train motor file (570.dat), this may be
responsible for giving you the behavior you're describing. I'll make it a
built-in primitive which will both fix the problem and make it look better and
I'll check my source code's fault tolerence (see above comment).

Using POV 3.51
renders without a problem

Haven't tried less than the current version at www.povray.org

NB at this stage POV output will be unique to MBC (Cocoa) and it will improve.

Andrew...