 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 453
452  |  454
Subject:
rotating models in MBC 0.4.1d Cocoa
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 15:13:32 GMT

Andrew,

  I downloaded SnapzPro so I could show you what was happening when I
tried to rotate a model using MBC 0.4.1d.

http://users.rcn.com/cjmasi/rotating_mini.mov

  What seems to happen is that during the rotation my computer decides
to try to render the whole model instead of continuing with the low
complexity rotation. This doesn't happen with the Carbon or Classic
versions of MBC. With those versions, MBC just rotates the reduced
complexity model without a problem.
  When I rotate the model very, very slowly, MBC 0.4.1d Cocoa doesn't
try to do a high complexity model; it just happily rotates the low
complexity model. However, all but the slowest mouse inputs will cause
MBC 0.4.1d Cocoa to attempt a high complexity rotation, which of course
is death on my old PowerBook :)
  Typing Classic, Carbon, and Cocoa all the time is getting tiresome. If
no one objects, from now on I would like to refer to the programs as
follows:
MBC Classi_c as MBCc
MBC Carbo_n as MBCn
and