 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 219
Re: Mac LDView possibility
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 19:10:31 GMT

In article <H02J4F.3sB@lugnet.com>,
"Timothy Carl Buchheim" <tcb@cs.hmcSPAM.edu> wrote:

It looks like you used Stuffit Expander on the .tar.gz files.  Don't!
Stuffit Expander doesn't know how to deal with long filenames (it chops them
off at 31 characters)

Download the files again, but don't let Stuffit Expander touch them!
Instead, use tar on the command line to extract them.

I was able to get the Frameworks and the application to compile without much
trouble once I made sure to use tar instead of Stuffit.

--
Tim Buchheim

Thanks for the info about SCM vs CVS. I am obviously not a developer,
but at least I have heard of CVS, but I drew a blank with SCM.

I am using the Project Builder (v1.1) that Shipped with OS X 10.1 in
October. Should I update it? Can an update be downloaded?

Yep, I used Stuffit. I thought the latest version fixed those problems.
Oops, I used gzip (gzip -d) and tar (tar -xvf), and built the frameworks
with project builder. I got 6 warnings while compiling the ARJFoundation
framework, and 13 warnings while compiling the ARJInterface framework. I
put the frameworks in /Library/Frameworks and I tried to compile LDView,
but I still got errors

Compiling LDrawModelViewer.cpp (2 errors)
  undefined type, founf 'actualWidth'
  illegal expression, found ')'
Compiling MacOSX/Document.mm (2 errors)
  illegal external declaration, missing ';' after 'C'
  illegal external declaration, missing ';' after 'C'

I am curious. These frameworks will only be used by LDView, right?

Thanks,
Chris