 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 111
  Re: Online Mac instructions.

(...) Yeah, but it is the ONLY editor we Mac users have. So it is the best and most popular Mac ldraw app. I know what you mean, you don't want us to think that it is the ultimate. It is just that we can't even put up a "getting started" page if (...) (22 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Online Mac instructions.

(...) I have to admit, I'm stumped on this one. According to several sources on the internet, the Mac HFS filesystem is case preserving for writing, but case insensitive for lookups. And since the OS 8-9 ldglite code seems to be using stricmp for (...) (22 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Online Mac instructions.

(...) From my experience, I think thats correct. Whatever case you create something as is the actual case that it is stored as. But, the ability to open a file is 'case insensitive'. Therefore, while it does preserve case when creating a file, you (...) (22 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Online Mac instructions.

As case sensitivity, I haven't changed the actual parser code, so if the directory names are in upper case then it should work. However I must confess I haven't tried using the linux ldraw primitives, so to redress this, I have just downloaded the (...) (22 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Online Mac instructions.

What is the problem with case exactly on macLDGLite? The linux parts distribution has different case directory names and ldglite has a problem with that? Is it just the directory names that are trouble? LDRAW has the same notion of case as DOS, (...) (22 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: Online Mac instructions.

(...) I would strongly suspect that the ANSI C functions that you are calling are internally using the Mac (HFS) File System. I don't see how it could do otherwise. The library functions may be doing a crafty dance to accomplish certain things, but (...) (22 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)