 CAD / Development / 9938
Re: LEGOfactory.com launches... and it's big!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 2004 22:00:21 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Darrell Urbien wrote:
   In lugnet.lego, Darrell Urbien wrote:

   In my case, I would think most of my students would design in another package and then try to migrate the MOC to LDD. I’m sure AFOL will use MLCAD, etc.

AFAIK, no one yas yet tried to write a LDD file to LDraw file convertor. This might be the thing though, eh? Of course it would be entirely unofficial until and unless LEGO blessed such an effort.

One big gotcha is catching that all the elements are found within the specificed palette (I agree, it’s palette ala what an artist uses, not pallet ala what your winning model design will be shipped to you on (if you order 500 copies, that is) )

XFUT lugnet.cad.dev