 CAD / Development / 9937
Re: Interoperability: Conversion from LDRAW to ProE or Inventor 7
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 5 Nov 2004 17:06:51 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Larry Whitman wrote:
Greetings!

We are trying to build a trophy part. We will build it using rapid prototyping.

To do this we have designed a trophy in ProE (and in Inventor 7).

We want a 1x2 brick with a flat plate on top of the brick and the trophy on top
of the plate.

I assemble the two bricks in MLCAD and then want to export to ProE or Inventor
7. Then assemble the trophy and export as an .slt file.

However, I cannot get the bricks from MLCAD into either CAD package
successfully.

3DWin converts to inventor, but to a much older format that my version of
inventor does not recognize. Exporting using 3DWin to VRML and then importing in
ProE does not work as ProE does not recognize the planes of the part.

any suggestions would be much appreciated!

What 3D file format(s) does ProE or Inventor support?

-Orion