 CAD / Development / 9657 (-20)
  Re: 4.5V Semaphore Signal

(...) On the real parts, do the poles separate from the baseplates? If they do separate, then this is a good solution. If they don't separate, then this isn't such a good solution -- the 'complete' part file should be just like the part you'd pull (...) (20 years ago, 7-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Web-based LDraw viewing

(...) Hello Mike and Orion. The ActiveX controls generate distrust, but by the moment I have not found a better method (waiting for a good implementation of opengl for java), and that occupy a space as small as 80kb. Time ago I had present the Java (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Lpub find edges

(...) Cylinders would not resolve every edge lines, at curved surfaces that would be a problem. There are comercial renderes that do that line and flat surface stuff. They are used a lot to blend 3D CG with cell animation drawings. I have not (...) (20 years ago, 3-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Lpub find edges

(...) This is so very true, and troublesome. POV-Ray does not support the concept of a line in 3D space, so L3P cannot directly translate LDraw lines to POV-Ray entities. Lars, at one point we talked about the possibility of having L3P use cylinders (...) (20 years ago, 3-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Should *all* studs use a STUD primitive?

(...) ... I was high that day? ... no, that seems pretty unlikely ... I think these should all be changed. Some/most would probably be candidates for the special STUD.DAT notation (ie, all caps), to signify no stud-as-line rendering. Steve (21 years ago, 30-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 4.5V Semaphore Signal

(...) I came up with another solution for the two common color variants issue, without having four complete/shortcuts: Create the shortcuts without the baseplate, as the other parts share the same color. (all blue or all red) Thus having three (...) (21 years ago, 28-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Should *all* studs use a STUD primitive?

(...) primitives. Maybe the authors (Matt Schild, Franklin Cain, Steve Bliss) could comment. Rather than 3626bp00, which is not an official part, I think you mean s/3626bs00 which does have an inlined stud. I think this should be fixed too. Chris (21 years ago, 27-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Should *all* studs use a STUD primitive?

I'm in the process of updating my LDList program, including stud count as a searchable parameter. During tests I have found a couple of parts that have studs, but are not using any STUD primitive, and for this reason LDList cannot find them :-( At (...) (21 years ago, 26-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDrawIni API (was: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths)

(...) Hmmm, POSTprocess eh? Yes, I think that'll work just fine. Now why didn't I think of it... Thanks Lars, Don (21 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Web-based LDraw viewing

How about ShockWave 3d? (21 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: LDrawIni API (was: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths)

(...) The idea was to make it simple for ordinary usage. I guess most programs would call LDrawIniComputeRealDirs() with IncludeSkipDirs=0 and simply search the dirs returned. However, you can call LDrawIniComputeRealDirs with IncludeSkipDirs=1 and (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDrawIni API (was: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths)

(...) Right. /Lars (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Web-based LDraw viewing

(...) Good point. That's why originally I was envisioning something like LDViewer running on a server with all the stuff it needs right there (so no installation is needed). Actually, maybe...I'll have to play with it later. In regards to Java, (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Web-based LDraw viewing

(...) Well, you'd need to install something in order to use SVG or Java, too. Anyway, LD2VR doesn't look like it's finished. (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Web-based LDraw viewing

(...) I suspect it's that download that scares people off. -Mike (21 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Web-based LDraw viewing

(...) I'm having a hard time finding any recent info on it. It also looks like one would have to install something in order to use it (which I'm trying to stay away from). I talked about it with a friend of mine over the weekend and he thinks he (...) (21 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Web-based LDraw viewing

Or vrml. There's a converter called LD2VR. (21 years ago, 21-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Web-based LDraw viewing

(...) Well, I'd like the format more if browsers displayed them, by default. (21 years ago, 21-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: LDrawIni API (was: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths)

(...) I like the LDSDF_SKIP bit-flag but I don't think we need to add a parameter to to LDrawIniComputeRealDirs(). Here's why. The parameter would make it all or nothing for skipped dirs. I'd rather toggle the LDSDF_SKIP bit-flags of some of the (...) (21 years ago, 21-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDrawIni API (was: LDRAWPREDIRS LDRAWPOSTDIRS - additional search paths)

"Lars C. Hassing" <sp.lars@am.hassings.dk> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:HusLAn.8Cz@lugnet.com... (...) <SNIP> (...) LDrawIniComputeRealDirs (...) SkipSkipDirs (...) I don't realy care but IncludeSkipDirs sounds reasonable. (...) the (...) stead. (...) (21 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact