 CAD / Development / 9157 (-20)
  Re: 2 L3P Related Programs and a Question

(...) Yes you are right, but I hate manually adding the colors I want so I'm creating a program to do it for me (...) I know he's adding this becuase I was the one who asked him to. See above on why I want to program this. Basically we've been (...) (21 years ago, 24-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

"Orion Pobursky" <orion@dontaddthis.p...ursky.com> wrote in message news:HK1MFM.60F@lugnet.com... (...) Basically it (...) the (...) by the (...) that are (...) part (...) substitute (...) defualt L3P (...) then (...) Hi Orion, Why should you want (...) (21 years ago, 24-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 2 L3P Related Programs and a Question

(...) Yes! Yes! Yes! I've been waiting for just these two programs to be written for years. I would like other features to the post processor, too. Like changing the camera position, quality settings and most stuff. I'd prefer a command line option (...) (21 years ago, 23-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  2 L3P Related Programs and a Question

Note, this post is intended to gauge interest so please respond by Emailing me or posting here. I have 2 programs related to L3P I'm writing for personal use but if there is enough interest I'll roll them together and release them. The first program (...) (21 years ago, 22-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: modeling monorail ramps (TrackDraw)

(...) ... (...) ... Here's what I came up with: The monorail parts file separately models the up and down ramps. So layouts containing up/down ramps have two part references, one for each half. The toolbar file contains a button that adds both (...) (21 years ago, 21-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: modeling monorail ramps (TrackDraw)

(...) one possible reason to have it seperate is that you could use the piece for esthetic reasons. You could simulate an entry down or up, and stop at that section. Having a stop-go right before makes this single ramp segment functional (so (...) (21 years ago, 21-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: modeling monorail ramps (TrackDraw)

(...) Probably technically a restriction but not a very serious one. The only way I could see how to use half a ramp would be if you built your own reverser to surround it at the end so the monorail train didn't fall off when it got to it (say, (...) (21 years ago, 21-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  modeling monorail ramps (TrackDraw)

Track Designer models a pair of monorail upper and lower ramp parts as a single piece. Do you view this as a feature or a restriction? I can't recall seeing half of a ramp unconnected to the other half in a layout. Have you found a need for half a (...) (21 years ago, 21-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.trains)

  LDraw POV Part Repository

Hello all, I've just been approved by Sourceforge to start the LDraw POV Repository. I would like to ask everyone who wants to contribute to the project to contact me and register with sourceforge. I'll add you as a project contributer after your (...) (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: announcing TrackDraw (BrickFest preview)

(...) I agree whole-heartedly. As far as I'm concerned, it's totally inappropriate for people to complain about free software. Constructive criticism is a good thing, because it can help improve the software, but complaining about the author's (...) (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: announcing TrackDraw (BrickFest preview)

(...) Well you're more than welcome to write your own in Java. jt (21 years ago, 20-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Repository of .dat files with inline POV-Ray code... any interest?

More this subject... I just registered a project with Soureforge for the purpose of creating a repository of POV include file describing the LDraw parts library. Once I recieve word back that my registration was approved or rejected, I'll post more. (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: announcing TrackDraw (BrickFest preview)

(...) With all due respect, writing it in .NET leaves the non-Windows people out in the cold. Java (while it does have an occasional drawback or two) is portable and will run transparently on Windows, Macs and the various unices. This is not an (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Create an installer for the Dutch MLCad DLL file

"Matthew Miller" <mattdm@mattdm.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:slrnbja4tt.8bj.....bu.edu... (...) You might also wan't to try InnoSetup (URL) is also free. Regards, Michael (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: announcing TrackDraw (BrickFest review)

(...) Just wanted to post a quick follow-up on TrackDraw. I sat in as Cary demonstrated the program at BrickFest, and WOW, does it ever look sweet! Cary is adding functionality beyond what TrackDesigner has, such as pathing, segment rotation, some (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: Orange in LDraw

(...) That would be my preference. Steve (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Create an installer for the Dutch MLCad DLL file

(...) Try NSIS. (URL) (21 years ago, 9-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Create an installer for the Dutch MLCad DLL file

Hi all, Does anyone know a good but easy to use program to create an installer? What I am looking for is an installer that first searches the users computer for the MLCad executable and then puts the DLL file in that directory. I need this since one (...) (21 years ago, 9-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: announcing TrackDraw (BrickFest preview)

(...) Well put. Why some people have to criticize when something is done for them for free is beyond my comprehension. James Wilson Dallas, TX (21 years ago, 7-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: announcing TrackDraw (BrickFest preview)

(...) It's not that we're biased toward MS products, it's just Windows is the most widely used OS and therefore if you want to have to good user base you have to program for Windows. I personally find Linux confusing and prefer using Windows; does (...) (21 years ago, 7-Aug-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact