 CAD / Development / 9138
Re: announcing TrackDraw (BrickFest preview)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 19:39:13 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Eduardo Vazquez Harte wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Cary Clark wrote:
I've been working on TrackDraw, a replacement for Track Designer, for six months
or so. I'll talk about it at BrickFest on Saturday. You can read a little about
it, and see the BrickFest PowerPoint slides here: http://www.trackdraw.com

I'm not ready to release the program quite yet.

Cary

OK sorry for posting my negative post about .NET and MICRO$$$$$$$OSFT
I just don't understand why I was forced to do all my LEGO videos in MPG just to
make happy some idiots "linux and mac users" and why I find that all lugnet cad
are microsoft fans

so you are all saying I should use

.net, VB6, WMV9
and not Quicktime or linux or open source

It's not that we're biased toward MS products, it's just Windows is the most
widely used OS and therefore if you want to have to good user base you have to
program for Windows.  I personally find Linux confusing and prefer using
Windows; does that mean I hate Linux? No, it means that I haven't used it enough
to discover it's benefits.  If I, an above average computer user, find Linux
initially confusing then what about the millions of other computer users who
barely know how to plugin a mouse let alone install and learn a new OS.

So the answer to your question is yes you have to use .NET products, if you want
to use the tool Cary wrote, if not then write you own program.

-Orion (who personally doesn't see any sense to touting one OS over another)