 CAD / Development / 9156
Re: 2 L3P Related Programs and a Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 2003 07:25:09 GMT

"Orion Pobursky" <orion@dontaddthis.pobursky.com> wrote in message
The second program I just started on and I haven't named it yet. • Basically it
runs a file through L3P and then post processes the output substituting • the
part/color definitions with those of custom library(s) in a priority set • by the
user.  This is useful if you have several different difinition librarys • that are
in various state of completeness.  For example, you could wrote you own • part
definitions for some parts/primitives and then tell the program to • substitute
your part defs, then use those in some other library, then leave the • defualt L3P
parts for those that aren't in the the first two.  If there is any overlap • then
the high priority library take precedence.

-Orion

Hi Orion,

Why should you want this program? As long as you include colours before the
are defined, everything is okee, since L3P generates code that says: ifndef
(ColorX) which means that if a color is already defined it won't be
re-defined.
For parts/primitives this won't work that way but I think Lars will add this
(ifndef (PARTNAME) for parts too in the new version. Better ask him.

Jeroen