 CAD / 10498
Re: 2 L3P Related Programs and a Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 1 Sep 2003 16:41:14 GMT

At 10:57 PM 8/22/2003 +0000, Orion Pobursky wrote:
Note, this post is intended to gauge interest so please respond by Emailing me
or posting here.

I have 2 programs related to L3P I'm writing for personal use but if there is
enough interest I'll roll them together and release them.

The first program I call L3P Error Fix.  It basically takes a DAT file or
directory of files as an input and fixes all the readily fixable errors (e.g.
bad vertex squences, zero matrix errors, identical lines, etc.... Not
coplaner/collinear errors) raised by L3P -check.  Thie program is essentially
complete and only needs minor tweaking to be releaseable.

The second program I just started on and I haven't named it yet.  Basically it
runs a file through L3P and then post processes the output substituting the
part/color definitions with those of custom library(s) in a priority set
by the
user.  This is useful if you have several different difinition librarys
that are
in various state of completeness.  For example, you could wrote you own part
definitions for some parts/primitives and then tell the program to substitute
your part defs, then use those in some other library, then leave the
defualt L3P
parts for those that aren't in the the first two.  If there is any overlap
then
the high priority library take precedence.

Again if there is enough interest, I'll work for a release.  If not, I'll
leave
them to obscurity

-Orion

These both sound very useful!