 CAD / Development / 9127
Re: announcing TrackDraw (BrickFest preview)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 11:25:58 GMT

<snip>

Why you did it in MICRO$OFT .NET now if we want to use your program we need to
install 30mb of crap .NET anyway your program is the 1st ine to use it I haven't
seen any yet apart from MICRO$OFT LONGHORN a.k.a next windows in 2005

There's absolutely nothing wrong with .net, other than the MS haters don't like
it and there are more .net apps out there than you think.

As someone else has already mentioned, most of the .net framework is built in to
XP and even if you have to install it seperately, this is a one time deal and if
you don't need to install it yet, then you will very soon as more and more
commercial apps are ported to ,net. Get over it.

I'm personally in the process of porting BrikTrak 2002 from VB6 to .net and so
far I have seen massive performance boosts, easier and quicker programming and a
much more extensible application.

Cary, really looking forward to this application, especially the sourcecode when
you release it - it is always good to look at other peoples code.