 CAD / Development / 898
Re: Star Wars Elements
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 13:59:59 GMT

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999 21:34:40 GMT, cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley)
wrote:

I guess that takes care of the percentage of people who want to use
the two parts in this fairly limited SW way.  But what about the other
people who never really cared about the SW "use" of the elements -
should they be forced to remember that Lego made a new part and its
first use was as some stupid laser sword used in a bunch of mostly
B-rate movies?

The part IS a Bar 4L.  You can use it as a toothpick for all anyone
else cares, but that doesn't mean it should be officially called a
toothpick.

This part is probably the one new element in the SW sets that I am most
excited about.  Well, I think having a bunch of light sabre hilts could be
really cool, too.  For decorative detail work on large spaceships/SF
settings.

Thinking about it, there are a *lot* of great new elements in the SW sets.

Steve