 CAD / Development / 881
Re: Star Wars Elements
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 21:34:40 GMT

Tim Courtney <tcourtney@avenew.com> wrote:
No, it should be called 'Bar 4L'.  That is the best description of what the
piece *is*, rather than what it is currently being used *for*.

I would disagree with you here, Steve, and agree with Jonathan on this one.
For this purpose it should be next to the hilt so people don't have to go
searching for it.

I guess that takes care of the percentage of people who want to use
the two parts in this fairly limited SW way.  But what about the other
people who never really cared about the SW "use" of the elements -
should they be forced to remember that Lego made a new part and its
first use was as some stupid laser sword used in a bunch of mostly
B-rate movies?

The part IS a Bar 4L.  You can use it as a toothpick for all anyone
else cares, but that doesn't mean it should be officially called a
toothpick.

--
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - A great new resource for LEGO fans worldwide