 CAD / Development / 8979
Re: LDGLite Linux install question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 21:15:43 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Orion Pobursky wrote:
Maybe it's just becuase I'm a Linux noodle head (I am learning, albiet
not as fast as I'd like) but I'm having problems building LDGLite from
the latest CVS download.

Well, being a noodle head probably has nothing to do with it this time.
The problem is that I don't currently have much access to a linux PC
that's attached to a monitor, just embedded devices and ssh servers.
So I haven't exactly kept the latest makefile.linux in CVS up to date.
I just updated it CVS now, but I haven't tested it yet.  You could
grab it and give it a try.  You'll have to delete all the .o files
manually before building anything with the new makefile.  Someday I'll
have to add a clean target to do that automatically.

Good luck,

Don

It works now, Thanks

-Orion

Maybe I spoke too soon.  When I try to run LDGLite in KDE I get a
Segmentation Error, whatever that means.  Any thoughts?

Well, a segmentation error is when the program tries to access some
memory that it doesn't own, so it's usually a bad pointer.  How did
you run the program?  From a shell window?  If so, what kind of
shell was it?  Probably bash, but you never know...

Was anything printed out before the segfault?

I wonder if it's this old problem again.

  http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=6600

Don