 CAD / Development / 8983
Re: LDGLite Linux install question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 21:38:08 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Orion Pobursky wrote:
Well, when I tryed to run it from the file manager and I got nothing so I got
curious and tryed to run it for the shell window.  All I get is the message:
Segementation Fault

Sorry for the delay.  My cable modem no longer gets a strong enough
signal and the local cable company isn't to speedy about fixing it.
So while I couldn't reply over the weekend, I did manage to build the
latest linux sources.  I could only do it on an old PC with an old
distribution and software OpenGL via Mesa 4.  It worked OK for me
though.  Could you give me a few hints about your system?  What sort
of Processor, graphics card, linux distribution, Mesa version...  That
might help.

Also, could you run it in gdb so I can tell where it crashed?

  gdb ldglite
  run
  backtrace

That might print out enough info to find out what's wrong.

Thanks,

Don

I'm running:

P3 500 Dell Inspiron 8000 Laptop with 128 MB of memory
ATI RAGE Mobility M4 Graphic card
SuSe Linux 8.2
Mesa Lib 5.0.1

and here's the output from gdb:

(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/ldglite

Program received signal SIGFPE, Arithmetic exception.
0x0816ce13 in _mesa_test_os_sse_exception_support ()
(gdb) backtrace
#0  0x0816ce13 in _mesa_test_os_sse_exception_support ()
#1  0x0816cb61 in check_os_sse_support ()
#2  0x0816cccd in _mesa_init_all_x86_transform_asm ()
#3  0x080f21db in _math_init ()
#4  0x0808d6ea in one_time_init ()
#5  0x0808fae7 in _mesa_initialize_context ()
#6  0x0808ff57 in _mesa_create_context ()

Thanks in advance for any help

--Orion