 CAD / Development / 8990
Re: LDGLite Linux install question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 00:05:40 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse wrote:
not sure what to try next.

Hmmm, how about trying the packages actually "blessed" by your
distribution.  According to this page:

  http://www.suse.de/us/private/download/updates/82_i386.html

It might be possible to build Opengl programs with these two packages.

RPM mesaglu-devel 5.0 (i586) 1433 kB
Patch-RPM mesaglu-devel 5.0-patch (i586) 48 kB
Source-RPM mesa-5.0-93.src.rpm
OpenGL development with GLU is now possible again, if nvidia driver
is installed.

RPM mesaglut-devel 5.0 (i586) 240 kB
Patch-RPM mesaglut-devel 5.0-patch (i586) 48 kB
Source-RPM mesa-5.0-93.src.rpm
OpenGL development with glut is now possible again, if nvidia driver
is installed.

I suppose it couldn't hurt to try them instead of the bleeding edge
5.0.1 code from Mesa.  For all I know the folks at SUSE may have fixed
it so you actually get accelerated OpenGL instead of the slow software
rendering implementation I always seem to end up with.

Don