 CAD / Development / 8985
Re: LDGLite Linux install question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 16 Jun 2003 23:33:33 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse wrote:
Hmmm, a quick google search seems to indicate you're not the first
person to encounter this problem.

http://216.239.57.100/search?q=cache:fPVCYuy4Tu8J:www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/2634/2002/9/50/9533771/+check_os_sse_support+&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

It appears to be a problem with MESA hardware opengl support and the ATI
Mobility chipset.  I'll have to muck around a bit more with google to
see if anyone mentions anything like a workaround.

More searching reveals some tantalizing hints, but nothing concrete.
Setting MESA_NO_SSE=1 is mentioned, but I'm not clear if it's an
environment variable, or a compiler option.  By the way, did you build
MESA yourself, or was it installed by a package in the distribution?

I suppose you could try:

  export MESA_NO_SSE=1

before running ldglite and see what happens.

Don