 CAD / Development / 8988
Re: LDGLite Linux install question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 21:11:35 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Orion Pobursky wrote:
I was kinda hopeing that this problem was a problem with my
Linux install and not hardware.  Oh well...
Thanks for the effort.

Wait a minute!  You're not done yet.  I poked through the MESA code
(common_x86.c) and realized something.  The SIGFPE is normally caught
by the exception handlers in MESA but in gdb the program stops anyhow.
You need to tell gdb to continue to get to the real problem, the
SIGSEGV, which is might not be a problem with your hardware.

  gdb ldglite
  run
    (hit the SIGFPE)
  cont
    (hit the SIGSEGV)
  backtrace

Don

Ok, here's the output:

(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/ldglite

Program received signal SIGFPE, Arithmetic exception.
0x0816ce13 in _mesa_test_os_sse_exception_support ()
(gdb) cont
Continuing.

0x40264843 in xmesa_register_swrast_functions () from /usr/lib/libGL.so.1
(gdb) backtrace
#0  0x40264843 in xmesa_register_swrast_functions () from /usr/lib/libGL.so.1
#1  0x40262127 in XMesaCreateContext () from /usr/lib/libGL.so.1