 CAD / Development / 8897 (-10)
  Re: LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) Draft Proposal

In lugnet.cad.dev, Wayne Gramlich wrote: [snip] (...) I think this sounds like an effective check on 'committees gone wild'. I would definitely support implementation of this process. Steve (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Timeframe for Next Parts Update (was Re: LDraw.org Standards Committee (LSC) Draft Proposal)

(...) It would be better to say they are approximately every two months. I'll start working on 2003-02 sometime after I've got the PT back online, and I've got some time for it. I think it's going to be two weeks before I can get to it. Steve (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: JDraw3D, another Viewer/Editor for ldraw files

(...) ... Hi Florin: Somehow I missed the Java 3D part of the installation. There are two choices, DirectX and OpenGL. The DirectX couldn't find a suitable driver on my system, so I installed the OpenGL (presumably software-only) solution. I got (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldraw.Org Spec 1.0.0 Page

(...) Alright here's the deal. The ultimate aim of the LSC is to compile and consolidate all of the LDraw related file format definitions into one document (1.0.0) and then, once the initial work is done, solicit ideas to further extend or modify (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub open source?

(...) Trust me, there's always going to be something else you should do before releasing the source. My personal favorite excuse that the code "just needs to be cleaned up a bit first". Since that's not as much fun as adding cool new features, it's (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldraw.Org Spec 1.0.0 Page

(...) Hi Orion - Thanks for getting this up. I have a couple observations/questions... You incorporate the original LDraw spec in here (which should be included), but will we draw a distinction between original language LDraw/LEdit will recognize (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub open source?

(...) the (...) Yes. I use borland's Visual Component Library. This gives me all mu GUI, as well as the behind the scenes image manipulations. (...) Kevin (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub open source?

(...) Yes. I know and agree. As I've said before LPub *will* be opened sourced. I promise. It is a question of when. I'd like to get it to a certain level (the page layout and compact PLIs is probably it (maybe language neutral add-on interface for (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub open source?

(...) Are you using anything that is Borland specific (besides project setup)? All I have is MSDEV. Ron (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub open source?

(...) Well, I don't have borland C++ and I'm not sure if you'd consider it helpful, but if you were to open the source there are some things I suspect I would do. I'd probably try to build as much as possible with gcc. Then I might try to replicate (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact